Wednesday 17 June 2015

Week 24: Jurassic World


Director: Colin Trevorrow
Writer: Too many to name, on IMBD there are 7 accredited writers
Seen: Sunday 14th June
Venue: IMC Galway
Snacks: Kinder Chocolate mmmmm
Mood: Nostalgic

 

Over the last week or so I feel like I have been transported back to my youth, let me explain. At the weekend I watched an episode of TFI Friday as familiar host Chris Evans came back to our screens and introduced guests such as Blur and Liam Gallagher. Then during the week Jeb Bush announced he was running for POTUS, as will another familiar name Mrs. Hillary Clinton, Bush v Clinton for President. Then to top my time travelling exploits off I went to the cinema to watch Jurassic World.

It is 22 years since Jurassic Park first came to the big screens and I would like to say I remember it well but at 14 my interests in dinosaurs had dwindled. I was hitting my rebellious teenage years and was far more interested in watching films like Reservoir Dogs (1992) and Pulp Fiction (1994) so I could have something cool to talk about while I smoked a cigarette at the back of the bike sheds at school.

Jurassic World is set 20 years after the original and the theme park that John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) wanted to create in the first outing is now a reality. Jurassic World is located in Costa Rica where thousands of visitors travel to every day to see the many different species of dinosaurs. The sun is always shining the grass is bright green and the punters are as joyfully happy as the dinosaurs they are visiting. What could possibly go wrong? Indominus Rex that’s what.


Indominus Rex is the new genetically modified super dinosaur that is about to wreak havoc on the idyllic Jurassic World. Enter Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) to save the day, you can fill in the rest. Jurassic World kept us entertained for 100 minutes or so and if you have young kids, nieces or nephews it would definitely be a nice treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment